Monday, January 27, 2020

Kabir plays Oom Pa Pa!

Last night, Kabir dressed up to take the stage at the Katzen Art Center!



Kabir played Oom Pa Pa, a piece he had been practicing the piece since early December. While he would rush when practicing at home, he kept a nice pace when performing. It was absolutely beautiful! I have been hearing it on repeat. :)

I was so excited cheering him up that I missed a second or two of the start, while recording.


I was lucky to accompany him. Our evening was full of special moments, we arrived the art center with enough time at hand to walk its hallways and check out the art on display. The Charkha took me back home!




The performances were all very beautiful. They gave me my fill for a musical evening! Thank you, Kabir!

The very happy mama and Kabir then dined at their favorite Chinese restaurant Q by Peter Chang. Over conversations of building forts at recess, the controversies and trials that happen in 3rd grade, to the upcoming class play, we savored Peking Duck and schezwan fish for dinner. It was happiness at its best, being with this sweet kid who is growing up with a beautiful heart and a little too quickly.

God bless you, Kabir, always! I'm excited to experience your musical journey.

Love to you,
Mama

No comments: